I keep getting a message that says "Backtracked Too Far"
A key feature of admation's platform is its auditing trail. Legal teams always have an audit trail of marketing work to refer to if compliance issues arise.
Thinking about the very nature of an audit trail, every action in the system will be audited. This means that because we track actions, you should be conscious of ways that you can unintentionally confuse and knock out this auditing process. When the auditing process conflicts with something that you're doing, or in situations where the user tries to override or cancel out a previous action, you'll see certain error messages.
Where may I see a backtracked error message?
Backtracked error messages are common where:
- You may be using your browser's back button, as opposed to the Back or Exit buttons provided in the system.
- You have multiple tabs open in the system
For example, if you click Approve on an approval, and then try to the click Back arrows in your browser, you're essentially asking admation to undo that step. Given that approving an item is a final decision, you may end up with a backtracked message.
Or if you have multiple tabs (or sessions) open in the system, and you're completing tasks in one, but approving artwork in the other, you'll also experience what we call an audit trail conflict.
How to avoid these backtracked messages
To avoid these specific messages, we recommend:
- Using the Back or Exit buttons provided in the system where possible.
- Having one tab open in admation at a given time. If it's absolutely necessary to have two tabs open at the same time, use a different browser for each screen (ie. log in on Google Chrome for one window, and Safari for the other).
- Swapping between an in-cognito browsing window instead.