What's the Resources Summary View?
The Resources Summary view refers to a button at the top of your dashboard that provides a summary of resourcing across all projects in admation. It's different to the Project Resources screen which shows a summary of resourcing for a specific project only.
Department managers can click Resources at the top of the screen.
The default view in the Resource Manager is the timeline view, which displays the workload capacity of each team member found in your department(s). From this screen, you can also:
- Create and edit tasks
- Duplicate tasks
- Log time for all team members in the department you manage
- See how much time has been logged against tasks and when
- View an overview of all tasks assigned to members of your department
- Schedule meetings
- Manage leave for team members in your department
Different ways to Manage Resources
The Resources Summary view has a number of different ways to visualise team member workload and capacity in your organisation. Most department managers find that they find a view that suits them and they stick to it! Let's briefly run through those different views.
Managing Resources: By User
When you manage resources By User, admation groups all current tasks in the system by user. From this view, you can see every project that a team member is working on at a given time. The By User screen has two options – Detail view and Gantt view. Toggle between the two for different versions of the same screen.
You can see how much time has been logged against each task when you select Options and Show Logged Time.
All logged time will show on the left side of the screen under the users name. Any percentage shown on the time represents the amount of time you allocated to the task, compared with how much time has been logged to date.
You can use the Settings Icon next to each user's name in this view to:
- create a new task for that project,
- rearrange the order of tasks for that specific user,
- manage overtime and breaks
- send that user a message
To edit tasks from this view, click here. Switch into the By Project view if you want delete tasks inside your project, or skip to the bottom of this guide for further customisations to this view.
Managing Resources: By Project
When you manage resources By Project, admation groups all current tasks in the system by project. From this view, you can see every project and along with the team members working on that project.
You can see how much time has been logged against each task when you select Options and Show Logged Time. From the By Project view, you can opt to Show Weekends, Show Key Dates or milestones, Show Task Dependencies, Logged Time and Hidden Projects by ticking the relevant option from the dropdown.
You can also click the Settings Icon next to a project's name in order to:
- create a new task for that project,
- go to the project,
- save the tasks in that project as a project template for future use,
- load existing task templates to a project, or to
- hide/unhide a project from this view.
Clicking the Settings Icon next to a deliverable will allow you to edit or delete an existing task.
Using Filters in the Resources Summary View
You can use the filter section, to drill down to specific projects based on your existing departments, task types, clients (for agencies) or task statuses.
You can also search for a specific user on the By User view, by typing a name under Search Resource Name.
Updating Date Ranges for Your Resources Summary View
By default, admation will show you the tasks for today's date. You can also click to edit this date to search for specific tasks in the past or future, and use the button toggles to view and manage your resources across days, weeks, fortnights or a month! And if you get too deep in dates, just hit the Today button to jump back to today's date.
Further Customisations to Your Resources Summary View
You can also choose to show your available capacity for each user in terms of:
- the number of tasks allocated to a day vs what portion of their working day is currently spent on work that's allocated to them in admation
- the number of tasks allocated to a day vs a visual graph showing the workload, or
- the number of hours already allocated to tasks in black vs the number of hours available for assigning in green