Creating Task Presets
Task presets refer to tasks that may be automatically created in admation whenever a particular deliverable is selected. It's a great way to reduce work for department managers.
Task presets are just like having a template for your tasks. We recommend using them in organisations where tasks are quite repetitive across projects. Once your presets are created, department managers only have to assign users to each of the tasks that need to be completed. It can be a process to get these set up initially, however they'll save you a lot of time in the long term.
To create Task Presets in admation, head to the admin bar at the top of your screen. A user will only see the admin button if they have specific permissions.
Click Task Presets. To create a new preset, click New Task Preset. Then:
- Fill in the name of your task
- Fill in the company the task relates to
- Link the preset to an existing asset type in the system
- Tell us if the task depends on another task in the system
- Fill in the estimated amount of hours it takes to complete the task on average
- Fill in the estimated amount of days it takes to complete the task on average
- Select whether the task can be worked on at any time before the due date (flexibly) or if it needs to be worked during a set time (fixed)
- Fill in the task type
- Select whether the task occurs once per deliverable or per project
Click Save once you're happy with your changes.
Only NEW deliverables created in admation will create new tasks. Admation will not apply your new preset to any existing deliverables in the system.
When you create a deliverable in admation that matches the task preset, head to the Project Resources to assign the task to the right person.
Editing or Deleting Task Presets
From the list of task presets, you may edit an existing task preset from this screen by clicking the pen icon . To delete an existing task preseet, select the checkbox for the item/s you'd like to delete. Then click the greyed out delete icon at the top of your screen. Even though it's greyed out, you'll still be able to delete the items. Follow the prompts to confirm your selection.