Scheduling and requesting leave is a really handy feature to use in admation. By letting people know when you're out of the office, people have extra visibility around whether or not they should be sending you artwork for approval or allocating tasks to you.
If your organisation uses the functionality you can Submit Leave Requests from Your Name in the main menu field.
Alternatives to Requesting Leave
- If you're a department manager, you'll see a Leave Management button, and you'll need to jump across to this document on scheduling staff leave instead.
- If you don't see the option to Submit Leave Requests, check out this guide on setting an Out of Office status instead.
Navigating the Leave Request Screen
The Leave Management screen will show a form to request time off, along with all existing leave requests submitted by other members of your team.
It's important to note that when submitting your leave:
- Any existing approved leave will show on this screen in blue.
- Any leave that is yet to be approved will be shown in yellow.
- Anyone who will be acting as a proxy user for someone else will show in green.
Submitting Your Leave Request
At the top of the screen, fill in the form at the top of the screen as needed.
You may like to consider filling out:
- The type of leave;
- Whether the leave requested is a part or full day;
- Leave start date (and time for part day);
- Leave end date (and time for part day);
- An optional description for the leave requested;
- An optional proxy user who can manage your account during your absence;
Click Submit Request once you're happy with your inputs. You can also schedule a short burst of time out of the office that doesn't require manager approval, using the Set Out of Office Status option.
Getting Your Leave Approved
Once you've submitted your request, your department manager(s) will receive an email prompting them to process your leave request. If you're a department manager looking for ways to process leave requests, check out this guide.
From this screen, you'll also be able to check on any pending or approved leave for both yourself, and anyone else within your team. Until your leave is approved, it will remain yellow.
Once your leave request is approved, you should receive an email from your department manager via admation to notify you. Your leave will turn blue on the leave request screen.
If your leave request is rejected, again you will receive an email from your department manager letting you know why, however your entry will be removed from the leave request screen.
If your department is managed by more than one person, you will need all of your department managers to approve the leave request.
Editing Your Leave
Only your department manager will be able to edit your leave request.