We understand that people sometimes come and go in organisations. That’s why we make it easy to add new users to your team as your business grows. A user with admin permissions can create new users in admation. The easiest way to see if you have admin permissions is to check that you have a System Admin button in your main menu.
To start, click the System Admin button and head to Users.
Creating New Users
A list of all the employees with admation accounts in your organisation will be displayed from this screen. If you're setting up a new admation user, Click New User.
Enter the email address for that new user in the provided textbox. Then click Create User.
Configuring User Accounts
The next step is to configure the new user account.
The dropdown fields displayed here may have different options depending on your organisation, but we'll do our best to describe these steps for you:
- First name – easy one!
- Last name – another easy one!
- Email – this should be the user's work email, where applicable;
- Email verified – this is defaulted to no. When you finish configuring the account, admation will send out an automatic email prompting the user to activate their account. Until a user activates their account, they won't be able to sign in. Once activated, the verified email field will automatically change to Yes.
- Status – you can manually enable or disable accounts here;
- Organisation – your company by default, however you if you have a multi-layered organisation, you may like to Change this by clicking the link;
- Time zone – the user's time zone;
- System role – determines how much access a user has to admation;
- Default Project Role – someone's role in an admation project;
- Department – the specific team that this user belongs to. If you are using resource management, a user's department always determines the tasks (or functions) a user can complete;
- Tasks – these are the different types of jobs users can complete in admation. If you're using the Resource Manager, you'll need to set these tasks up for the relevant users, otherwise you can leave this field blank
- Manages Departments – if you are using Resources and would like a specific user to have access to the Resources area of the system, they will need to be set up as a department manager for the departments that you want them to manage. You can also toggle whether you want that user to have access to manage leave requests, create tasks or edit tasks in the system for any allocated department/s;
- Working hours – define and set up the start, end and break times for each user;
Once you are happy with your changes, click Save. The user will then receive their account verification email to get them started.
Bulk Importing Users into Admation
Chat to admation if you'd like to bulk import users into admation. You'll need to fill in each user's First Name, Last Name & Work Email address in Excel or Numbers. Save the Spreadsheet as a CSV. Then send the spreadsheet through to us to upload or send it through as a support request here. In your email, you should include a message containing:
- The default system role (admin or standard);
- The default timezone for the imported contacts;
- A default project role – which you can change after the users have been imported;
- Whether or not you'd like us to send the verification emails on your behalf, or whether you'd prefer to send verification emails on a case-by-case basis instead;
Looking for a way to remove user access when a user leaves your organisation? Check out this guide instead!