Accessing Your Tasks
Admation provides you with the ability to set timers and retrospectively log time against tasks that have been assigned to you. When a department manager assigns you a task, you’ll receive an email. Click the link in the email to view the task inside admation. Then click Go to Task.
Or log into admation. Any tasks that are due today are shown as numbered notifications in the Tasks menu.
Navigating the Different Views in the Task List
From the Tasks menu item, you may choose to view tasks using the Task List tab at the top of your screen. The Task List allows you to keep track of and log time against any tasks that have been assigned to you in a list view or grouped by project.
You may also use the new Calendar view or tab, which shows all of your tasks grouped by day, week, fortnight or month view. This view has the added ability to showcase any time you may have logged previously against your task when the Show Logged Time Checkbox is selected.
From this view, you may notice that when you've been allocated to work on a job, it is indicated by a coloured bar across a given day on your screen. Any time logged against that given task will also show on the calendar in grey.
You might also see the following icons under your Task List or Task Calendar.
- A task that has not been started (or has no time logged against it) will display this icon
- A task that is currently using the stopwatch function will display this icon
- A task you have stopped working on (where you have logged time against it but have not marked as complete) will display this icon
- A task that has been completed will display this icon
Viewing Additional Information on a Task
From the task list, click on a task to show more information including:
- the task name
- the related project and/or deliverables, so that you can upload your work when you're done.
- due date
- project phase
- time logged
- task creator (with the option to send a message to them if you need help)
- project key dates (with the option to add these dates to an external calendar such as iCal or Outlook)
- any attachments you may need to view or download for your task
Sending Messages to the Task Creator
If you're needing help or further clarification on a task, you can send a direct message to the task creator. Click into a task to view more information on it, then click the message icon . A pop up will allow you to add a message subject, its content, and any attachments you may like to include.
Logging Time against Tasks
Uploading Work to a Project or Deliverable
Once you have finished working on a project or deliverable and have a resulting file to upload into the system for approval, click the hyperlink at the top of your page and follow these steps.
Note that if this section of your page does not have a hyperlink and instead shows black text, you will need to message the task creator by clicking the message icon halfway down the screen, requesting that they edit your task settings and add you to the project team.
Removing Tasks from Your Task List
By default, complete tasks will remain in your task list until the project is finalised. This provides you with the flexibility to continue retrospectively logging time against a complete task if say, you need to complete a new revision of work.
To remove tasks from your task list view before a project is finalised, ensure that the Show Completed Checkbox is unticked.