Assigning a User to a Department and Allocating Task Types
Assigning a user to a department is like assigning a user to a specific team in admation.
- Each user can belong to one team or department
- Each department can have a list of pre-loaded task types in admation. A task type refers to any job a given department or team can complete in admation (ie. design, graphic design, copywriting)
Users in a given department with specific task types can view and assign relevant tasks to themselves. Managers of a given department can assign tasks to members of their department. They can also review and approve leave requests for their department team members.
To add a user to a Department, select Admin.
Then select Users.
If the user has an existing admaton account, locate them using any of the search filters on the left side of the screen. Click the Edit button next to their name.
From the Department drop down, select the department this user should belong to. Each person may only be associated to one department.
Assigning Task Types
Then you’re going to associate different Task Types. Task types refer to any actionable activity that users can complete inside admation (like design, copywriting, etc). Whilst a user can be assigned to one department at a time, they can be assigned to many tasks. The list of task types shown here are pre-determined by the department you’ve chosen, so if you’re missing anything here, you will need to make sure that:
- You’ve selected your department from this screen
- Your department contains task types.
- Your task types are assigned to the direct department.
If not, you may need to review and update your task types first. Click Save once you’re happy.