Creating Internal Documentation for Your Teams
Creating internal documentation for your team can be a tricky one, particularly if you’re still trying to figure out the platform yourself. Luckily for you, we’re here to help. When you create your own content:
- It helps you to map out your own internal processes from end-to-end;
- It helps you to identify any kinks in your process that you might need to tweak;
- It helps you to clarify any processes you may have forgotten to think about
It also helps your team to see how the approval process works within your organisation. Our admation help guides can be really great for finding quick, references to questions, but there’s no guide that can outline your business’s processes better than one that you've created. By creating internal documentation, your team will truly benefit from personalised, branded, contextual guides that highlight how admation will help them work more efficiently in their roles and in your custom workflows.
To get you started with your internal documentation, perhaps you might want to start with the following headings:
- How admation can help your team
- Filling out briefs (if applicable to your organisation, you should use this section to show images of your custom briefs).
- Submitting artwork for approval
- Assigning resources (if you’re using the resource manager)
- Reviewing creative – it’s great for your teams to see these guides in a role-based context
- Finalising deliverables
- Frequently asked questions
We recommend starting your first draft after your first platform workshop. We'll often send you a video of your workshop/(s), and it's great to make tweaks to the document along the way, so that it's ready for launch. You can also search our help guides for any other quirks you might like to add to your business’s process.
When you’re done, send a copy through to your admation customer success manager for review. They’ll be able to let you know if you’ve missed anything in your guide, particularly as they are often very hands on with setting you up on the platform.
Distributing Internal Documentation
Once you’ve reviewed your internal documentation and it’s ready to be distributed to your team, you may want to think about where it’s going to do. Most clients upload and distribute internal documentation via the following channels:
- Uploading your custom documentation into admation;
- Email (as a PDF attachment)
- Email (as a Google Drive link)
- Work intranet or internal server (as a PDF attachment)
- Online Storage Facilities like Google Drive or Dropbox
- Google Docs with Read Only enabled
It is up to you how you choose to distribute your information. The above are simply suggestions. You may also like to consult your IT department or manager for permission before distributing files across your organisation.
Uploading Your Custom Documentation to admation
Uploading custom documents into admation is posisble via the admin panel. If you're an admin user, you'll see a button for this in your main menu.
From the admin menu, select Documentation.
Then click + New Documentation and upload your completed file as needed.
Browse your computer, or drag and drop your document into the allocated area, and click Done.
Then provide your file with a unique name and description, which your organisation's admation users will use to find the document from their main menus. Click Save once you're done.
Editing and Adding Revisions of Your Custom Documentation
Once you've uploaded your file, you can click the pen icon to edit your file name, to edit the name or description of the file.
You may even upload a new revision of that file if there are updates.
After you've finished editing, click Save.
Deleting Documentation from admation
In the event that you need to delete any of these documents from admation, you can use the checkboxes along the left hand side of your screen to select the item(s) that you no longer wish to store in admation.
For the selected file(s) click the Trash Can icon and confirm your selection. Although the trash can may be greyed out, you will still be able to click it to initiate the deletion process.
What Do Users See?
Each of your organisation's company documents are found for all users under the main menu under Your Name > Company Documents.
You can Preview and Download the documents by clicking the respective icons.
Other uses for the Custom Documentation section
The custom documentation section doesn't necessarily have to be limited to user guides.
- It's also a great opportunity to add an FAQ guide where users can view the answers to company-specific questions
- It's a great section to add your Brand Guidelines or brand specific documentation for designers to refer to.
- We've also seen it to upload Training Workshop Videos. The options are limitless!
Please sign in to leave a comment.