Generating an Editable Feedback Report
Once you submit a piece of artwork or document for approval, your nominated team members will review your work. Once you receive this feedback from your team, you may want to summarise it all in a feedback report.
This guide outlines how to generate an editable feedback report, allowing you to make edits to the comments left on the work. If you don't need to make edits to comments before downloading your report, check out this guide instead.
Generating an Editable Feedback Report
Once a stakeholder has provided feedback, you will be notified by an admation email. Click the link in the email to open admation. Note that you can also access the same screen by clicking on the relevant item from your recent activity.
You will be redirected to a screen with the approval status of that deliverable.
- When changes have been requested, the item’s status is red with a cross
- Items that have been approved show a green box with a tick
- Items that have been conditionally approved show a yellow exclamation mark
- Work still awaiting feedback will show an orange clock icon
Click on Review Feedback to view the related comments.
Generating a Report in Feedback Mode
If you'd like a quick way to generate a feedback report without editing existing comments, click here. If you would like to make additional changes to your PDF, click the Cog icon. Then click Feedback Mode.
From this screen, you can:
- Edit the Feedback featured on the report (ie. spelling mistakes, grammar, clarification);
- Send the Feedback report as an attachment in an email
- Create a Task for a user in Admation
Editing Existing Comments in Feedback Mode
The Feedback Mode screen will show the submitted comments and annotations underneath the artwork.
- General comments are shown by a blue speech bubble icon
- Specific annotations are shown by a yellow notepad icon
The commenter’s name is found next to each of their comments.
Making Additional Annotations Before Generating a Feedback Report
From Feedback Mode, you can make additional mark-ups on your artwork before generating the PDF. Note that any changes or deletions to comments that you make here will not affect the comments made in the system.
- To edit an existing comment or annotation, select the pen icon next to that item.
- To remove an existing comment or annotation from the PDF, click the cross icon next to that item. The original comment is still recorded in the system, but it won’t be found on your PDF report.
- To add a new comment or annotation, you can use the Mark-Up tools. These are found between the artwork and any existing comments. Use the tools to draw on, or annotate your artwork. For more information on the mark-up tools available in the system, you can use this guide here.
Any items that have been edited in feedback will show as such on-screen.
Note that your document may have multiple pages. If so, you can hover over the thumbnails at the bottom of the page to show and select your different pages.
Once you're happy with the feedback to be shown on your report, click Save Changes at the top of the screen.
Using the menu items across the top of the screen, you may also:
- Go Back to the regular Review Feedback screen
- Revert To Original artwork without your changes from this screen
- Send as PDF attachment to other users inside or outside of the system
- Create Task with PDF Attachment for someone else in your team – with your edited comments attached with the annotated file on the resulting task
Click Download as PDF once you’re ready to download the report onto your computer.
The downloaded report looks like this. The artwork is found on the left with numbered annotations which correspond to the comments written on the right hand side of the page.
Designers often love using this report to visualise and mark off requested changes for the next version of work, however with the added edit mode, you have the ability to collate, and to provide both clarity and consistency for the feedback provided.