Scheduling Leave for Other Users
Users with Department Manager privileges will be able to schedule leave and out of office statuses for their team members. This feature is super handy for those conversations about leave that happen last minute, or outside of the system.
There are two ways to access leave for members of your department.
Accessing Staff Leave
First head to Resources then click on Leave Management, found at the top right hand side of your screen.
Alternatively, you click on your name, then click the Leave Management button.
Viewing Staff Away Days
From the Leave Management screen, you can update your displays using the dropdown field to select either of these time periods from a given date:
- One day
- One week
- Two weeks
- Four weeks
- Three months
You can also use the arrows on either side of the years, months or dates to toggle.
Before scheduling leave, it's important to be aware of any existing leave that's been loaded into admation.
- Any existing approved leave will show on this screen in blue.
- Any leave that is yet to be approved will be shown in yellow.
- Anyone who will be acting as a proxy user for someone who's away will show in green.
A green proxy user status will always align with blue or yellow leave on the leave management board. However, you can also click the coloured bar to find out more information about each entry.
To schedule leave on behalf of a team member, select a colleague by clicking the Settings Icon next to their name. Then click New Leave.
Note that you can also set an out of office status for users from this screen as well. From the resulting screen, you can enter the Leave Details as required.
You can nominate:
- The type of leave;
- Whether the leave requested is a part or full day;
- Leave start date (and time for part day);
- Leave end date (and time for part day);
- An optional description for the leave requested;
- An optional proxy user who can manage that person's account during their absence;
The Leave Type field can be configured from the Admin screen under Away Day Types.
When you're a department manager, each away day that you schedule is automatically approved. Users without department manager privileges can request leave from their accounts. In this case, you'll need to approve their leave request when you receive it.
Click Save once you're ready to schedule and grant the leave for that user.