The focus of this release was to implement a Drag and Drop file upload interface. We have also started to take steps to try and improve the user experience (UX) of admation, to guide people through various workflows a little more.
- AD-881 Implement Drag and Drop file uploads at various points throughout admation
Now when transferring files to specific areas of admation, people can take advantage of Drag and Drop file uploads. This means that you can simply drag a file onto an area of the page to upload it rather than having to use the "Browse" and navigate method.
Currently we have added Drag and Drop fie uploads to the following areas:
- Uploading of multiple deliverable artworks during the New Project/Deliverable creation wizard
- Uploading of a single artwork on the Details tab of a deliverable
- Uploading artwork to many deliverables at the same time
- Uploading new assets to the Final Assets and Asset Library (formerly the Image Library) lists
In the future, we will be adding this functionality to other areas of the application as well.
Browser support for drag and drop file uploads is restricted to Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 10+. All other browsers will revert to previous upload methods.
- AD-905 New Project > Remove the "Final Asset or Image Asset" window
When creating a New Project from the Home Page or the In Progress list, you are no longer asked if this is a Final Asset or Image Asset project. Projects created this way are now defaulted as Final Asset projects.
We have removed this step because we found that more than 98% of all jobs created this way were Final Asset jobs.
If you need to create an Image Asset project, go to the Asset Library (formerly Image Library) and click the New Asset button. You will be asked if this job requires approval (thus creating a Image Asset project) or if it is a direct upload to the Asset Library list.
- AD-907 Asset Library > Create projects from the Asset Library list
As mentioned in AD-905 above, if you need to create an Image Asset project, go to the Asset Library (formerly Image Library) and click the New Asset button. You will be asked if this job requires approval (thus creating an Image Asset project) or if it is a direct upload to the Asset Library list.
- AD-908 Ad Storage > Create projects from the Ad Storage list
As well as being able to create Final Asset projects from the Home Page and In Progress lists, you can now also create them from the Ad Storage list. To do this, go to the Ad Storage list and click the New Asset button. You will be asked if this job requires approval (thus creating a Final Asset project) or if it is a direct upload to the Ad Storage list.
- AD-906 Project Details > Display a "Submit for Approval" window when deliverable artwork is uploaded
When you have uploaded artwork to an existing or new deliverable, a new window will appear prompting you to submit these items for approval.
- AD-861 New Brief > When creating a project from a brief, automatically fill in text/date/number based metadata on the project
Previously is someone sent you a brief and you created a project from it, you would need to copy and paste all metadata into the new project. Now, most of the text/date/number based fields can be automatically copied from the brief into the project. These fields include:
- The Project Name
- Agency Job #
- Project Overview
- Static Key Dates
If you need your briefs modified to take advantage of this, please contact your admation liaison for assistance.
- AD-914 New Brief > Show Briefing message in the Messages tab within the project
If a user submits a brief to you and you create a project from that brief, the original briefing message is now visible from with the Messages tab of the project. Any attachments to this message, including the brief itself, are also available from there.
- AD-489 Date Selectors > Add month and year drop downs selections
Now when entering date information, you can select months and years via a pair of drop down lists. Previously you needed to click a Next/Previous button to navigate to different months/years.
- AD-872 Date Selectors > Helping users to select appropriate dates
Now when entering date information, you will be unable to select inappropriate or nonsensical dates.
For example, If you have set your project's Estimated Start Date to the 1st of April 2016, then when setting the Estimated End Date, the system will disable any dates prior to the 1st of April 2016.
A person logging time under the Resource Management system will be unable to select dates in the future to log time.
- AD-879 New Project Wizard > When creating multiple deliverables, show the Batch Edit UI first
Now when adding multiple deliverables to a project and editing their metadata, you will be shown the Batch editor by default and be able to switch to an individual deliverable editor if required.
- AD-808 Batch Edit Deliverables > Apply Changes button is off screen
Previously when batch editing a set of deliverables, the Apply Changes button was pushed off the bottom of the screen and users would not see it. Now the button is located both above and below the deliverable metadata options for greater access and has been coloured green to assist with on-screen visibility.
- AD-851 Project Details > Team Member Selection > Sort project roles alphabetically
Now when specifying your team members for a job and setting their Project Role, the drop down list of available roles is alphabetically sorted to aid with searchability.
- AD-886 Ad Storage & Asset Library > Move search panel up
The search panel on the Ad Storage and Asset Library (formerly Image Library) lists has been relocated to bring it in line with the rest of admation.
- AD-913 WIP Report > Include deliverable artwork version number
Each deliverable on the WIP Report now displays the version number for its artwork.
- AD-748 Agency Phase Report > Include deliverables with phases even if the project has no phase set
Projects without a phase set will now appear on the Agency Phase Report if they contain deliverables that have a phase set.
- AD-904 Agency Phase Report > Include project WIP notes and Team on the report
Projects now have their team members and latest WIP note displayed on the Agency Phase Report, if applicable.
- AD-877 Admation Calendar > Subscribe to meetings
Users are now able to subscribe to their meetings in admation so that they appear in their preferred calendar application (eg Outlook, Google Calendar, iCal etc).
These items are only relevant to those organisations who use our Resource Management module.
- AD-911 Timeline > Ability to duplicate tasks
Now when logged in as a Department Manager and viewing the Timeline view, you can duplicate tasks.
- AD-848 Timeline > Task details to show the client name and a link to the project
Now when logged in as a Department Manager and viewing the Timeline view, you can see the client and a link to the project the task is for.
- AD-892 Timeline > Task details to show deadlines in local timezone
Fixed an issue in the timeline view where the details of a task would show the deadline using a predefined time zone rather than using the current user's time zone.
- AD-889 Timeline > Anchor the calendar header while allowing the actual timeline to scroll
Now when scrolling up and down the timeline view, the top header bar featuring the dates that are displayed across the screen is anchored while the actual timeline is able to scroll freely.
This image refers to AD-911, AD-848, AD-892 & AD-889
- AD-893 Today's tasks not displaying correctly in the Timeline or in My Tasks
Fixed an issue in the Timeline under the My Tasks view, where tasks were dropping out of view for a small group of users.
- AD-778 RM Reporting
We have now created a weekly report that shows how many hours a user logged across their jobs for a week. If you require access to any reports, please contact your admation liaison for assistance.
- AD-896 Login > Users are occasionally logged out and cannot login again without resetting their password
Fixed a bug where some users were occasionally logged out of admation and when they tried to login again were told that their password was incorrect and needed to set a new password.
- AD-890 Messages > Show "go to deliverable" link if user can access all jobs
Fixed a bug where administrators with access to all jobs were missing a "go to deliverable" link in any messages they received, for deliverables where they were not specifically listed as a team member.
Please sign in to leave a comment.