What is an FYI User?
Some users might want to be notified about an approval, but don’t necessarily need to approve or reject changes to an item. A good example of an FYI user might be a Manager or Studio Manager.
There have been some recent changes to the FYI recipient logic. As of admation 3.95, when you set a user as an FYI recipient:
- they will be notified of the approval request via email;
- they will have access to the approvals view, where they will be able to see any current public comments and approval decisions however;
- they will not be able to (and aren't required) to give feedback via the approval screen view in admation, and;
- they will be unable to respond to comments left by users on the approval trail
The FYI user is great for users who would like a bird's eye view of a job's progress, without needing to leave comments or a final decision in the system.
Adding a user as an FYI User from the Simple Screen
To add an FYI user, go to your project under the Projects list and select your deliverable. Click Submit for Approval at the top of the screen and select the items you’d like to submit.
Only items with artwork added will show in this section. Click Continue.
Under the Approvers section, type in the name of the users you’d like to submit your work to. For the user that you would like to add as an FYI, click the FYI button to ensure that the FYI is highlighted blue.
Adding a user as an FYI User from the Advanced Screen
You can also add FYI users to an approval from the admation advanced screen.
From the advanced submission screen, you can Edit Approvers to bring up your approvers. Select an individual or group from the available list of tabs.
In the above example, Alison Orley is part of the marketing group. The other users have been added as individuals. Using the options on the right hand side of the screen, you can click the FYI button next to a specific user so that it toggles blue. Once it is blue, those users will receive a link to the file in the approval view, however they won't be required to approve it.
Adding FYI users to Existing Workflows
It is also possible to add FYI users to an existing workflow by editing that approval workflow.
- You don’t have access to the project
- The workflow is complete and fully approved
- Someone has requested changes on the workflow previously.